Friday, October 22, 2010

no pocky for kitty

why is it so hard to find a home for a sweetheart kitty these days?
I placed an ad on petfinder dotcom and that proved to be a completely fruitless effort.
after getting two bogusey responses I went to look back at my ad and couldn't even find it.
so lame!
I eventually got one more bogus response. no real ones. all it did was piss me off.
here they are for your scrutiny (keep in mind the ad was placed from las vegas, nv):


#1
Hi, I just came across your ad on Petfinder and I would love to get some additional information and a photo. I live in Dallas Texas and Ive been trying to find the right pet to add to our family. I cant believe that with pet overpopulation the way it is that I'm
unable to find what I'm looking for locally. I guess that's a good thing. I travel a lot for business and would like my wife to have a companion at home. I look forward to your reply. Sincerely

Kerry.

#2
How are you doing with your adorable pet? i am responding to your advert placement on Pet- Finder.com concerning your re homing of your pet for adoption...I am highly interested in adopting your pet for my family because we don't have any pet we are rearing for now in the house..so I will urge you to consider my family for the adoption especially for Kerry celebration that is approaching.. she we be adding a year to her age soon and i really want to adopt a pet for her ...more so I will need some vital information from you about the pet. Are you the actual owner of the pet? when last did the pet visit the veteran doctor for medical check up and also i want you to get back to me as soon as you can with the last asking price for the adorable pet and what he or she like eating most...I will be looking to hear back from you.....I will also like some photos of the pet if it available...

Hope to hear back from you soon.....

Mathew Theodore

and wonderful #3
With sound of good health. Am a family orientated woman and want to seek for your indulgence on your loving pet.Am Michelle Lawson by name.I reside in Beverly Hills CA with my husband,my 13 yrs old daughter and we live in our own owned house. I can assure you a loving and hospitality home for your pet.My family will love to give your pet a loving home and not only a lovely home, also as a member of the family which means the pet will be treated like our child Could you be kind enough to give me an appraisal of it:
Health records/present health condition?
your last asking price ahead of time?
Am not here to bargain, rather I'll make the best offer. Because i know the value of pet and my daughter can't wait to see the pet in the house.looking
forward to hear from you.Have a pleasant morning
Stay Blessed

Mrs Lawson


Pets become a part of our hearts-
we adopt them as family right from the start.
We cast all our love on their kind, gentle souls, but, like you and I- they
too, grow old.
When we grow tired and weary, God gave us a choice- we have doctor's and
care, but our pets have no voice.
We may understand why we're changing this way, but a creature's language is
shown in his actions each day.
What they do with their bodies, how they act towards a friend- is their way
of saying their time's at an end.
And, as wonderful a gift as our "Free Will" can be, It pains us to choose
our loved pet's destiny.
When we see them in pain, our hearts say one thing- when we see them lash
out, we deny what truth rings.
For we don't want to lose the precious one that we've loved- but like humans
on earth they'll live on up above.
Oh. I know how you weep at making this choice- as you speak for your pet as
he has no voice.
You are kind, you are loving, and I know you have tried- to ration and
reason with the truth that's inside.
No one said life was easy, of this we can say- and I know you're heart's
breaking on this tragic day.
But, trust in your heart what your instincts have said- That God is guiding
you amongst all your dread.
I weep for you now as I know your heart aches- but my love is with you as
your decision you make.
God gave you the gift of some wonderful years- with a pet who was healthy
and healed many tears.
But now it's his time, for he's not the same pet- and I say this with
sadness, with tears and regret.
"For every thing there's a season," remember, and then, "A place for every
purpose, under Heaven."

....
does anyone have a clue as to why the first guy's name is Kerry and then the 2nd email references "
Kerry celebration that is approaching" ? a little too odd, i think.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I just googled Michelle Lawson because of the strange response I got on petfinder. Guess what? I received the EXACT same response as you. What a sicko! Sad thing is, some people will actually fall for these tricks!

jennifer bastian said...

I'm glad that miko puff is one of the lucky ones. she is already so loved by her new owners!!!

Unknown said...

Same here, received all of these at different times. I am afraid some people will fall for this and I am curious to know what is really going on here!

Unknown said...

I'm trying to find a home for an abandoned dog, and I've been getting these emails nonstop. What would posses someone to do that? It's ridiculous.

dms31188 said...

I actually put my two cats on there. I got an email from three differ people:From: Petfinder.com E-mail
To: dianamspeicher88@yahoo.com
Sent: Mon, October 25, 2010 3:38:38 PM
Subject: Email about Chyanne

Petfinder Classified Ads: you have received an email from: michelle.lawson0001@yahoo.com.
May the peace of the Lord be with you,

With sound of good health. Am a family orientated woman and want to seek for
your indulgence on your loving pet.Am Michelle Lawson by name.I reside in
Beverly Hills CA with my husband,my 13 yrs old daughter and we live in our
own owned house. I can assure you a loving and hospitality home for your
pet.My family will love to give your pet a loving home and not only a lovely
home, also as a member of the family which means the pet will be treated
like our child Could you be kind enough to give me an appraisal of it:
Health records/present health condition?
your last asking price ahead of time?
Am not here to bargain, rather I'll make the best offer. Because i know
the value of pet and my daughter can't wait to see the pet in the
house.looking
forward to hear from you.Have a pleasant morning
Stay Blessed

Mrs Lawson

dms31188 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dms31188 said...

Petfinder Classified Ads: you have received an email from: davidmark2020@gmail.com.

Hi,
I am David Mark by name , i want to make an inquiry as concerning the adoption of your pet.I live in Beverly Hills CA with my family and we live in our own owned house.We are a very good pet loving family so that is why i am making this inquiry about the pet so that the pet can be part of our loving home and we can provide the best care for the pet.

What is the name of the pet?
Are you the real owner of the pet?
What is the present condition of the pet ?
what is the adoption fee for the pet?
What does this pet like and what does it not like?
The pet will be shipped from your home to my loving home CA by a reliable shipping company that are specialize in shipping pets and i will be the one that will be responsible for all shipping expenses.
I will patiently await your kind response.

Thanks and God Bless
Mr David

dms31188 said...

Petfinder Classified Ads: you have received an email from: maritza.tara24@yahoo.com.
Hello

Good day to you and your family, i saw the AD of your adoptable pet on petfinder, and my family are indeed interested in adopting the pet asap, i want to make an inquiry if the pet is still available for adoption and the asking price, please let me know if up to date, i would be glad to read back from you as soon as possible. thanks for your time.

Maritza and family


my question is if its fake then y did i actually get the money from the woman? But also when i told her that i wanted to speak to her before sending the cat she never called nor did she give me her phone# she never replied either.?

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this. I just placed an ad for my pet, and in the first few hours, got all those same emails and was immediately struck by how weird and phony they sounded.. I can't believe some of them are exactly the same wording and names as the ones you (and apparently others) have received. Im so sorry to hear it didn't help you get your pet adopted - so disenchanted with Petfinder now - Your posting this is going to help a lot of us going thru this, tho, so thanks again, and I really hope your pets all find wonderful homes. (If i had a house of my own, I'd take 'em all in)

Unknown said...

To funny, I got two of the same emails and found them kind of strange so I googled their names I love the Internet!

Unknown said...

Yes, I got that same response from Michelle Lawson - I thought it was way too good to be true so I sent a message back asking for more detail and how she planned on getting my dog from ny to beverly hills. She replied with a bunch of stuff about securing payment information and it just seemed fishy. I'm glad I found this blog.

Unknown said...

I put a ad on Petfinders for someone to adopt my pet. I got the exact same e-mail from a person known as Michelle Lawson living in Beverly Hills, Calif. Even the typos are exactly the same. She also included the same beautiful poem on how people don't need to be sad when they have to give up their pets; because GOD...will find them a better home...blah blah blah, lies, lies, lies Callan, my letter was exactly like yours.

Anonymous said...

This is sick , me tooo, rhonda lawson "by name", who talks like that ?? There are many others too, same vocabulary. CANT WE REPORT THIS TO FBI OR SOMEONE, this can be dangerous!! This sounds just like the scams on craigslist (rentals with aficans wanting money,) are they hurting animals,hoarding, labortory experiments? , hackers fishing for info? They talk like their not American,and something I have witnessed many times like African Scammers they use Gods name to try to make us trust them. I wish I could ...see these weirdos.

Unknown said...

I received the same e-mail, but mine is from a Rhonda Lawson.

Unknown said...

OMG RHONDA LAWSON and Michelle are the same person and she messaged me about the puppy I was giving away and the cat last year! I never gave her my animals but WOW. She sent me the same message! How scary!

Unknown said...

Received same email as all of you and was worried, with the grammatic errors and the shipping it was off. I reported on petfinder, and I will be talking to a friend who worked with the Sate Police on how we can prevent this person/persons from getting a hold of our pets. Also why isn't petfinder doing something!!??

summerfunlistlv said...

Oh my gosh! I never even knew anybody was finding this through my blog! That was last year that I posted this but now I feel compelled to find out what in the world these fake people are doing here with these communications with us.
Wait...so one person here actually RECEIVED money from this person and then they never responded back?? I hope they didn't put the money directly into your bank account. My suspicion is that these "people" are swarming the internet from any possible website trying to steal our information and our identities.
It would make sense being that "Michelle Lawson" turned into "RHONDA Lawson" after writing to me...my name is Rhonda. Although, I never corresponded back to any of them.
I think most people if not all would be extremely wary after receiving one of these emails and would never trust giving their pet over to any of them, even if they were real, which they are not.
On petfinder, wtf? I found it to be ONLY a venue for shelter-type places to place their ads for pets, not any individual people or families. It seemed to be the only choice on the web. Does anyone know of a REAL website with real people running it?
I had an issue with my ad and I had written to petfinder and never even got a response.
I think this website is completely bogus! In fact, petfinder themselves are probably responsible for these terribly scammy emails!
AAARGH!!

Bobbi said...

check this out on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=226138920754334

I found a stray cat who tested positive for FIV, but he's otherwise very healthy and is super friendly and playful. I'm trying to find him a home and was directed to Petfinders, because only one local shelter will take FIV+ cats. I've gotten these same emails and am considering deleting my ad. I will not allow this sweet cat to be sold for research or stashed away with 50 other cats in a cat hoarder's filthy house.

people just kill me.