Wednesday, June 15, 2011


super quotes from Robert Rauschenberg from the book RAUSCHENBERG 1987:

"I always feel that if I can't do something that I don't like, then I'm losing my touch. I think the role of the artist is not to be good, but to be something else. "Good" is measurable..."

"I like the experience that says that a shirt changes when it gets in the sun a little, or when you go swimming in it, or when the dog sleeps on it. I like the history of objects. I like humanitarian reportage."

"Actually, when I'm painting, I think that my mental attitude is to drive with the brakes on, and when I sense a funny smell, then I just turn off the ignition."

"I said that if you can avoid being an artist, do so. And if you decide that you can't avoid being an artist, good luck."


No comments: